Tuesday, December 11, 2007

This Is Getting Ridiculous


So I went to Target today to buy some Carmex....you know, for chapped lips. Anyway, as I'm checking out in the Express Lane with my 89 cent tube of Carmex, I grab my receipt and head out when the cashier tells me to wait.

"What?"

"You have a receipt."

"I already have my receipt."

"You get another one."

"Another one?"

She hands me the second one and I'm wondering why Target is printing off two receipts for me. I look at it and it says "Gift Receipt." Now, I'm no wacko tree hugger, but this seems like a total waste of perfectly good trees.

First, who in their right mind would give Carmex as a gift? Second, who would give a gift receipt with said Carmex? Third, who does Target think is actually giving Carmex as a gift?

Seriously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

obviously she thought you were gifting carmex...jeeeeeeeeeeez

Jax said...

What's wrong? I give Carmex to those I love most... Right. ;)

Lavaughn Towell said...

So dude, where's my Carmex?