Friday, March 14, 2008

It Was Michael After All


Or was it?

I've been intrigued by delicious speculation recently that it really is not Michael...but rather Walt grown up. Yet, the previews for next week said something about how far a father is willing to go to protect his son. Yet, that's just the kind of crazy thinking Lost has people going through these days.

I was sitting here trying to convince myself that last night's episode was not a combination flashback/flashforward. But, yeah, it really was. I remember at one point saying to myself, "Wow, Jin's phone looks really old." That was evidence number one. Then was the fact that it was the year of the dragon, or 2000. I'm not buying a time jump to the next year of the dragon, which is 2012. Finally, Jin said he was working for Mr. Paik, Sun's father. Now, I would have bought some conspiracy theory here. Perhaps Jin is off the island, working with Ben much in the same way as Sayid. Think about it. Sayid and Jin have very similar backgrounds and are capable of doing the same kind of work. So, as this might not ultimately been the case in this episode, I think it might be in the future.

Which brings me to...

Jin is not dead. I don't think so. The date of death on the grave was the date of the crash. So, we know that's not true. And we still don't know what the complete story devised by the Oceanic 6 is, but we know it includes saying a lot of people died in the crash.

So, yes, I think Jin is still alive and may be doing the same sort of work Sayid is doing. He has the experience and connections too. Mr. Paik may be involved with Widmore somehow.

I also think Jin may be alive because of a seemingly weird statement Hurley said. He asked if anyone else was coming, which Sun replied no. Then he said a creepy, "Good." But I think that "good" meant no one was coming out of the woodworks to possibly spoil the lie they have told. As evidenced when Sun rushed into the hospital, people know the Oceanic 6. So they must keep up appearances as much as possible.

Which brings us back to the Oceanic 6. I had Jin in. But Jin's now out. Is Aaron really the last piece of the puzzle? Or is there another one yet to be revealed? A part of me just doesn't want to accept it's Aaron. Mainly because I really don't care about Aaron. Also, he's never been called or identified as Oceanic 6, whereas Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley and now Sun all have been. I'm still trying to figure out who it might be.

Maybe Ben, assuming the identity of someone on the plane. He certainly has the means, and might be able to find someone on the flight who had little or no connections in the world. Or now, maybe Michael. I just don't want to call this case closed just yet.

3 comments:

Jax said...

I heart you. Just sayin. LOVE your theories!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I admire your guts to admit what I bet many people think: who
gives a crud about Aaron?! You're a cold, cold dude--and I dig it! I
also like your Jin and Oceanic 6 speculation. Good thoughts!

Jax said...

I need more. That is all. MORE.