Monday, December 22, 2008

Wha????


So I was out doing my last minute shopping today and say an ad in the mall for the upcoming Miss America 2009 pageant on TLC.

Wha????????

TLC?? TLC, as in The Learning Channel?? It's not tender, love and care. It's the Learning Channel. What the hell am I gonna learn from this?

Here are some thoughts:

1) What Miss Minnesota's platform is?
2) Is black really slimming? I'm looking at you, Miss Idaho. You may need to cut down on those potatoes.
3) How would Miss Michigan help the Big 3?
4) What are this spring's evening wear fashions?

Really?

I guess America just doesn't have a taste for pageants anymore, unless they are in child form.

I really don't know what's worse. That the pageant has fallen from ABC just a few years ago all the way down to TLC, or that TLC picked up a beauty pageant.

At least this gives me a chance to show off a pic of former Miss America Jennifer Berry, who I went to high school with back in the day.

No comments: