Friday, April 27, 2007

Things You Need to Know About Lost, Part 3


Don’t let the show’s producers and writers throw you off from this week’s episode. You gotta think like them and look past the surface twist and turns.

Yes, it was clear to me that the woman on the bench was Jin's mom from pretty much the get go. What I didn't get (and I think most people didn't either) was that Jin's father was in on this con. I thank Hunter for posing this possibility. Then I thought about it more.

Jin pretty much disowned his father and told his wife that daddy was dead. Jin is raking in the dough while daddy is still fishing the waters. Daddy wants his cut. Solution? Con it out of them. (Remember how I’ve pointed how things keep coming back to cons??) And frankly, it seemed so obvious that the woman was Jin's mom that I don't think she is anymore. I think Jin's dad just got a woman to play this trick. (No pun intended.) I don't think Jin's mom was a prostitute and I believe she really is dead. But now these two can split $50,000 and Jin never would know. Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Next, Kate really is pregnant. That's the main reason Juliet was planted there. I think Juliet just learned for the first time this week that Sun is pregnant. And how could they have known? I think the Others are only knowledgeable of pre-crash conditions. Why is that? That brings us to this week’s conclusion.

Finally, the producers have latched on to one of the popular "Lost" theories and is teasing the masses. The island is NOT purgatory. So what to make of this past episode's final scene? Simple. The Others staged a fake crash somewhere with no survivors as a way to keep search and rescuers from somehow coming across the island and spoiling their intentions.

This may also be the way they were able to find so much out about the survivors of the crash. Obviously names would be released when they were presumed dead, with certain vital information printed in obituaries and whatnot. With that basic info, more research could be done to dig deeper. Remember, the Naomi chick was looking for Desmond. He hasn't been known to be "dead" and came to the island as a live person, as did Juliet. These people are very much alive.

As is Patchy still. So my theory that Ms. Clugh is still alive is probably a safe bet too.

Oh, and the flare Hurley shot off isn’t what brought Patchy to the group. It was the satellite phone. Remember, Patchy is the communications guru on the island. He probably picked up the satellite phone’s signal and came running.

1 comment:

Jax said...

This interests me. Yes, yes it does.