Friday, July 18, 2008

Box Office Prediction


On Monday morning, The Dark Knight will officially have had the biggest box office weekend of all time. With all the buzz and circumstances, everybody who's somebody will buy a ticket this weekend. I mean, they were running shows all through the night. 12:01 am. 3:00 am. 6:00 am. And in not just the biggest cities, but cities all over the country.

The boys will want to go see Batman kick butt and girls will want to see Batman's cute butt. Mamma Mia! will get squashed like a bug, and let's not even mention Space Chimps. By the way, if I'm a studio executive and I see that my film Mamma Mia! is up against The Dark Knight opening weekend, I would do everything possible to make a change. Granted, it's not the easiest thing in the world, but you've known for quite some time when Batman would be returning to the big screen. That person should be fired on Monday.

For the record, the biggest opening of all time is Spider-Man 3, with $151 million it's first three days last year. My prediction for The Dark Knight: $166.6 million.

Mamma Mia! will be lucky to get $15 million and Space Chimps, which I think could fare better because of its kiddy appeal, will be close behind with $14 million.

No comments: